This is a nice little recipe for tacos. Simple and easy to make. I created it from scratch and this is the result of a little but not much tweaking.
This recipe is Gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayanne powder (more if you want a good strong delayed burn)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- approx 2 tablespoons diced mild pepper (cubanelle,bell, or wax)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch disolved in cold water
- Fry the ground beef on medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked
- Add the spices, water, and cook vigorously until almost all of the water is cooked, off stirring
- Add the diced pepper and cornstarch, continuing to stir.
- When there is almost no sauce left remove from heat
- Cook the corn tortillas over medium heat until they begin to brown
- Combine with your favorite toppings (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes) and serve