I found this recipe at Giniann . I've only done it once and I must admit I rather
cocked it up the first time. But even though I didn't do a good job with it because I was doing too many other things at
the same time, it was still pretty good. I think this one has
some merit. Othe people have added carrot or potato I might try that if I can manage to
get the base recipe down.
- 1 bunch of radishes, 6-8
- 2-3 small cloves crushed garlic
- 8 small crushed green chilis
- a pinch of turmeric
- oil for saute
- a pinch of black mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- I'm sure I added more things, but I can't remember what
- clean the radishes and slice them as you would an apple
- roll the radish tops together and slice into long shreds
- In a medium pan, heat oil on medium heat
- Add the mustard seeds and cook until they start to sputter.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for 3-5 mintues until it starts to
- Add the chilis and turmeric and saute for a minute or less
- Add the radishes, mix well and add salt, cook covered for 3-4
- Once the radishes have softened, remove the lid and saute on high
heat for a couple minutes. This will give the radishes a soft but
- Remove the radishes to a serving plate
- Add the tops to the pan and quickly saute them for a few seconds
and sprinkle over the top of the radishes.
- For best results serve immediately, hot off the stove.