This recipe is Gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sweet (glutinous) rice flour
- Combine water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and let sit in a warm place until frothy
- Mix white rice flour, potato starch, gum, salt, oregano in a bowl
- After yeast mixture is frothy, add vegetable oil, vinegar, and mix gently.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into yeast mixture until combined.
- Mix for an additional four minutes.
- With a wet rubber spatula, remove the very sticky dough to prepared pan, spreading out as much as
possible. Generously sprinkle with sweet (glutinous) rice flour. With floured fingers, gently pat out
dough to fill pan evening. Continue to sprinkle with rice flour as required. Form a rim at the edge of
the pan. Allow to rise in warm, draft-free place for 15 minutes. Bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 12
to 15 minutes or until firm. Spread with your choice of toppings. Return to oven and bake until toppings