This is a quick easy way to make Paneer, a soft cheese. The important piece here is the heat, the hotter the milk gets (without burning) the more readily it will curdle. This recipe is gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 1/2 gallon of milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- place milk in large heave based pot, when the milk begins to boil it will expand a lot, make sure your pot is large enough
- heat milk, stirring regularly and bring to a boil, yes a boil.
- when milk boils remove it from the heat, stir in the lemon juice, stirring gently one direction only for 2-3 minutes
- you should now have curds and whey, allow this to sit for 10 minutes for the curds to clump together
- place muslin cloth in a collander and rest the colander in a bowl
- pour the mixture into the cloth to catch the curds and strain the whey out
- gently squeeze out the whey until the cheese reaches the consistency you'd like.