This recipe makes about 4 coffee cups of rich hot chocolate. Following this recipe will get you a flavor similiar to the chocolate in those high end
coffee shops. This recipe is Gluten-free.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, not unsweetened, chopped (Hershey's special dark)
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large heavy saucepan combine milk, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, whisking frequently.
- Add chocolate and continue whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add salt.
- Bring back to a simmer whisking constantly until frothy.
- Ladle into warm mugs.
- Add gluten-free miniature marshmellows to the top