This is one of my mom's recipes. She always used to serve just a little on top of apple crisp. A look at the ingredients will tell you it's very sweet.
This is gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- mix ingredients with mixer until smooth and well blended
- store in airtight container the in fridge.
- use sparingly on top of apple crisp or pie.
- The original recipe called for an egg. I omit this in consideration of food poisoning concerns, though
I'm pretty sure it tastes better with the egg.