Chili Pork Chops
This is almost exactly the same as Brian Johnson's Chili Dusted Pork Chops. Brian should get all the credit for a great taste. I have eliminated the white pepper because I found reference to a lot of white pepper containing gluten. If you have a good Gluten-free source of white pepper follow his recipe, it's great! This recipe makes a nice change from "breaded" pork chops. The flavor is spicy, with a pleasant up front burn. This recipe is Gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (thick cut)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon whole thyme leafs (dry) (or ground thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all seasonings together, mix well.
- Dust both sides of pork chops with the seasoning mix and reserve.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over a medium flame and add the vegetable oil.
- Once the pan is heated and hot add the pork chops
- Cook the pork chops for 10 - 14 minutes or until they have reached an internal temperature of 145