This is a basic recipe for Chicken Parm that I got off the web. Prep is pretty easy and it really doesn't take that long. It is Gluten-free.
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2/3s cup corn meal (be ready to add more if needed)
- 1 cup parm/romano cheese(be ready to add more if needed)
- 4 eggs beaten (and be ready to add more if needed)
- 26 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella
- Mix tomato sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano in a pot and set on a low heat.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, then in corn meal mixture, then in egg again and corn meal mix again, then
fry until browned on both sides (5-7 minutes)
- Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish. Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the top. shake the shredded
mozzarella over the top, then pour the rest of the sauce over that.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- The original recipe called for 3/4 cup of chopped onions, sauted and added to the sauce.