This recipe is based on one from David Smith's excellent site. I have adapted his creation to suit my tastes and preferences. It makes a very nice creamy mild curry. This recipe is Gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into approx. 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinamon
- 2 cardamon pods
- one batch of David Smith's Basic Curry
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat a little of the oil in a large heavy frying pan then fry the chicken pieces over moderate heat
until they are sealed and have turned white. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a heavy pan over moderate heat then put in the cinamon and cardamon and
stir for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat to low then add the Basic Curry Sauce, chili powder, tomato paste and salt. You can add
a little more tomato paste if the colour isn't rich enough, but no more than another half teaspoon.
- Add the chicken pieces and some water, then simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring from time
to time. Add hot water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Finally, add the cream and heat through. By the end of the cooking the sauce should be silky and not