Black Mustard Chicken
This recipe makes a cripsy chicken that goes well with rice and cheese sauce or as an appetizer served with a peanut sauce for dipping. I created it one night when I wanted to do something different and had some black mustard seeds sitting around. It is Gluten-Free and contains no preservatives.
- 2 or 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon green peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Slice chicken breasts diagonally into thin strips (it's easiest if the chicken is still kind of
- combine the spices
- Heat the oil over a medium high heat
- Add the chicken and spices, mix thoroughly, and cover.
- Turn chicken occasionally to get even cooking on both sides.
- Remove from heat when chicken is done to desired texture (from golden brown to crispy depending on