History of The Sleeper House
These are some facts we've found reguarding our house.
Deeds recorded by Rockingham County:
- Samuel Currier sold the land to John H. Sleeper on April 11,1848 for $30. Book 332, Page 197
- Lillian J. Philbrick sold the property to Abbie W. Richardson on July 7, 1909 for $1. Book 646, Page 157
- John M. T. Richardson and Charles A. Richardson sold the property to Arthur E. Ross and Annie E. Ross on Oct. 20,
1926. Book 804, Page 72.
- Annie E. Ross sold the property to Evelyn L. Oliver and Jannette E. LeBlanc on Nov. 20, 1976. Book 2270, Page 1637
- Janette E. LeBlanc transferred it to joint owndership between Janette E. LeBlanc, Bruce A Leblanc, and Edward D. LeBlanc
in March of 1982.
- Bruce A. LeBlanc and Edward LeBlanc sold it to David C. Andrzejewski and Linda M. Andrzejewski on June 15, 1982 for
- David C. Andrzejewski and Linda M. Andrzejewski sold it to Matthew Rodgers on August 29, 2000.
Facts about some of those people
- John H. Sleeper d. April 16, 1871 age 49yr 5mos 4days buried Hillside Cemetary, East Kingston
- Lois Irene wife of John H. Sleeper d. Oct 26, 1895 age 71yrs 4mos 9days
- George R. son of John H & Lois Irene Sleeper d. Aug 12, 1850
- Charles A. Sleeper d. Dec. 2, 1882 age 31
- Samuel Currier d. Jan 2, 1864 age 76yrs 11mos
- Lois wife of Samuel Currier d. June 14, 1839 age 30yrs
- John M.T. Richardson b. 1882 d. 1955
- Elin J. wife of John M.T. Richardson b. 1882 d. 1964
- Charles A. Richardson b. 1885 d. 1978
- Anna C. wife of Charles A. Richardson b. 1888 d. 1968
- Albert H. Richardson b. Aug 26,1855 d. Oct 19, 1925
- Abbie W. Sleeper wife of Albert H. Richardson b. Jan 31, 1859 d. Jan 28, 1922
- George Alfred son of Albert & Abbie Sleeper b. Nov 12, 1893 d. Nov 13, 1893
The newspaper used to line the kitchen floorboards (between subfloor and finish floor) is dated December 1904.