Planned or Abandoned Pieces
Things I'd like to do someday:
- A scale vest.
- I've got a few ideas for more chokers.
- A fetish leash and collar
- Maybe a belt
- something dragonscale
- something with a hexagonal pattern
- something bizantine
Things I would have like to have pulled off, but didn't.
- Attempt 1: A Euro 4 in 1, copper purse with nickel silver trim. Sadly, it was beautiful, but completely non-functional. In order to keep it from collapsing I had to stick a coathanger in it and then it was rather impossible to open or close. I may actually figure out how to get this version working better with a more careful internal support structure.
- Attempt 2: An aborted attempt to make Euro 6 in 1, in the same form as attempt 1 above. The idea was that it would be denser, therefore stiffer, therefore hold it's shape. Well, it probably would, but at some point weaves get so dense that they can't be woven. It would look really cool if I could.
- Attempt 3: A Japanese 8 in 2, aluminum purse. This was an attempt to make a freestanding, self supporting piece of maille. After getting about 2/3 done with the sides and the bottom I concluded it would suffer from terminal sag. I ended up disassembling part of it in order to free up rings for the skirt I was modifying.
- Attempt 4: Back to the Euro 6 in 1 purse in different materials (bright aluminum and copper) with new needlenose pliers.
This actually worked and can be viewed on the completed items page. Persistence pays.
- A Euro 4 in 1 bra, which was intended to actually be functional (supportive). I may actually pull this one off the shelf at some point and do some more work on it. There are some challenges in bra manufacture that I hadn't factored into the equation. The project has, however, taught me about Euro 45 degree seams and how to make something as inherently flat as chainmail not as flat as chainmail. The effort went through at least three major revisions.